AWB Building Co. was awarded the project for the removal of Boiler pipes and Asbestos Contained Material at the Fremantle Prison.
The works included:
- Removal of Friable ACM pipe lagging in 3 areas (Chlorinator room, SW Cell block & SW Shower Block).
- Removal of Non Friable Cable Pit.
- Encapsulation asbestos lagging with paint and place a suitable water container beneath, prior to any removals.
- All immediate areas around the work zone decontaminated by means of HEPA vacuuming and wet wiping techniques.
- All waste double bagged, removed and disposed of at an EPA accredited landfill facility.